We love making history here in Pittsburgh. Well, we’re about to do it again, literally. Some serious Pittsburgh whiskey pioneers need our help to build a legendary Whiskey of America Museum (WAM!) right here in the ‘burgh. Here are 10 reasons why this needs to happen STAT…
1. PITTSBURGH IS THE ACTUAL BIRTH PLACE OF AMERICAN WHISKEY
2. WE STARTED AN ACTUAL REBELLLION FOR OUR BELOVED WHISKEY
3. PITTSBURGH’S INSATIABLE THIRST FOR RYE WHISKEY BASICALLY CAUSED PROHIBITION
4. YES, IT WAS QUITE THE PREDICAMENT. BUT NO WORRIES, WE JUST INVENTED THE FIRST SPEAKEASY TO KEEP ON..KEEPING ON
5. PLUS, PITTSBURGH MADE IT SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE TO ORDER THE INFAMOUS SHOT AND BEER COMBO. YUP, IT’S A PITTSBURGH CONCOCTION.
6. AND, THE MUSEUM’S NAME ALONE JUST SOUNDS SO EPIC…
7. WAM! IS LIKE A CHILDREN’S MUSEUM, BUT WITH ALCOHOL AND FOR GROWNUPS. Surely, a welcomed distraction for parents who’ve graciously endured their 37th visit to the Daniel Tiger exhibit
8. WAM! WILL INCLUDE AN ONSITE TASTING ROOM AND BOTTLE SHOP, so we can “learn” all about Pittsburgh’s finest booze, brews, wines, and cider offerings
9. THIS TOURIST ATTRACTION WILL BRING ADDITIONAL BUSINESS TO PITTSBURGH; like our hotel, entertainment, and food & drink industries
10. BECAUSE WE ARE CITY OF CHAMPIONS. And whiskey champions need a physical place to gather and celebrate our epic booze heritage
Now, you can see why WAM! needs to become a reality here in Pittsburgh. It will celebrate the forgotten history, hidden science, and quirky culture of American Whiskey. WAM’s interactive exhibits will educate its visitors through brilliantly curated play and adventure. And the exhibits will be built by legendary Pittsburgh makers, scientists, and local art organizations.
The WAM! FAM is committing a quarter of a million dollars to this project. And with the help of Kickstarter, they need to raise additional funds to meet the 1.1 million dollar total project cost. And that’s where we come in. Check out their Kickstarter Page HERE and consider donating to the cause. And to be clear, it’s not a Wigle Whiskey museum, it’s a Whiskey of America Museum. So let’s bring American Whiskey bragging rights back to its rightful owners, the proud people of Pittsburgh.
Need a little extra convincing? Well, you can grab some sweet swag as a special thanks for your contribution. For a mere pledge of 20 dollars…You’ll receive admission to the WAM! Pop Up Party
OR spend a few additional bucks and get these…
Or these….You get the drill! But remember, they need to meet their Kickstarter goal of raising 35,000 to unlock the rest of the funds for this project. So Pittsburgh, Let’s Bring Whiskey Home!
Devon and Tim