“Ya know nothin’ goes better with beef than beef” claimed Adam Richman from Man Vs. Food. Well we say Nu uh! to that. Beef’s rich flavor can be elevated even further when it’s cooked with a great local brew. We have an awesome beef recipe to share that will satisfy the heartiest of appetites. Plus, it’s super easy! All you will need is 5 minutes (or less) to throw everything in the Crock Pot and 6-8 hours of patience while the wonderful beef aroma fills your home. This is a great recipe for those game day parties-you will be able to enjoy dem stillers or pens on your caach- not in the kitchen!
Hot Oven Roast Sammitches with Au Jus Dipping Sauce
- 2-4 lbs oven roast (2 lbs= 3-4 servings 4 lbs=6-8 servings)
- 1 bottle of All In Amber by Full Pint
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 cans beef broth
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- large loaf crusty French bread (sliced in half)
- Trim excess fat from beef and discard. Put beef into Crock-Pot
- Combine beef, soup mix, oregano, sugar, garlic, broth, and pepper. Pour over beef. Cover and turn on HIGH for 6-8 hours (5-6 hours if using smaller lbs) or until fork tender
- Remove beef from Crock-Pot. Shred beef with 2 forks. Return beef to sauce (jus) in Crock-Pot; mix well. Serve beef on bread and jus on side for extra dipping (We like to dunk the bread in the jus right before we put the meat on- but we like to live on the wild side)
*You will hopefully have a lot of jus leftover. KEEP THIS!! Strain it, put it into a container, and throw it in the freezer. You can make an amazing gravy from it. Recipe to follow using this as a gravy.
*Don’t have access to Full Pint’s All In Amber? Bummer! Well-try it out with another American Amber with hints of caramel and chocolate malts